Your browser is too old
We can't provide a great video experience on old browserUpdate now
About This Class
I probably don’t need to tell you about the music - but here’s why I want to do a choreo to this piece:
1) There is an opportunity for interesting interchange and layering between the lead vocals and lead guitar.
2) Many lessons about musicality are more easily ingrained by using familiar music. Then those lessons can be carried over to less familiar music – hey, maybe even to music from another country! 😊
3) Something to recognizable music is always a nice “reset” button for the audience in a performance – not to mention to a choreographer. 😊 😊
4) Like “Layla” by Eric Clapton – which is based on a Persian fairy tale – this music has the word “Sultan” in its title; thereby allowing me to believe that it is somehow appropriate in a studio that focuses on dance movement derived from the movements of Middle Eastern dance.
5) It’s just going to be fun.
“Sultans of Swing” – by Dire Straits
Music length: 5:48